We are proud to offer laser surgery as a progressive new option for our pets and their clients who want the safest and least painful treatment for their pets. Where possible we utilise the laser with many surgical procedures. Examples include …
- Growth or cyst removals
- Skin lump & tag removals
- Removal of skin cancers, especially sun cancers
- Eyelid surgery
- Soft palate surgery (to open up airways)
- Anal gland removals
The benefits of laser surgery are …
- Less Pain. The laser seals nerve endings as it moved through tissue. Your pet will feel less pain after surgery.
- Less Bleeding. The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less bleeding and quicker procedures.
- Less Swelling. With laser technology, only light comes in contact with the tissue, causing minimal swelling.
- Extreme Precision. The laser enables your surgeon to only affect or remove the target tissue, leaving healthy surrounding tissue untouched.
- Reduced Risk of Infection. The high heat of laser energy kills bacteria and micro-organisms as it moves through diseased areas, reducing the chance of infection.
- Quicker Recovery. For all the above reasons, your pet is likely to feel less discomfort after surgery, and return home to normal activities sooner.