Our mission is to provide, with care and compassion, veterinary services of the highest standard for all animal species through every stage of their life.
We understand fully that animals are a vital ingredient in today’s society. The farmer with his livestock who looks after animals to produce milk, meat, or fibre is just as important to us as the client who is a single person in town with a small pet as their only companion.
We feel that the animal-human bond is crucial to human health and happiness, so we strive to ensure that we look after the welfare of the animal within this bond to the very best of our ability.
Therefore, OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU is to provide you with the highest quality of veterinary services. We have high expectations of ourselves, so we aim to do the very best for you and your animals.
We have a readily accessible, free-flowing building with two consulting rooms, an open work area, hospitalization facilities (with dogs and cats in separate wards), and a fully equipped surgical theatre and hospital facilities. Modern equipment includes a digital X-ray machine, blood testing and other laboratory equipment, dental machine and instruments, an ECG machine, 3 powered intravenous fluid infusion sets, 2 anaesthetic machines with monitoring devices, a unique surgical laser, and other equipment, some of which is frequently used by adjoining practices.
Our veterinarians are experienced capable practitioners who pride themselves in quality work and who keep up to date with the latest developments within the veterinary science industry. Our veterinary nurses, receptionists and groomer have been carefully selected for their personalities and their ability to help both our clients and their animals. They are fully trained in many aspects of animal care and regularly attend courses and seminars, thus enhancing their skills and knowledge.
The Services we Offer
See our comprehensive list of services that we offer under “Services”.
The Philosophies that guide us
We aim to ensure that each animal under our care achieves its maximum life span whilst remaining in the best of health without suffering or experiencing pain throughout that time.
We do this by …
- Offering the best of treatment options, explaining them fully to the pet owner, then allowing them to make an informed decision by which we will abide.
- Handling all cases with empathy and understanding.
- Pride in our workmanship … “Doing it once , and doing it right the first time”.
- Emphasising prevention of disease or injury rather than just treatments. Once a disease or injury is established, the suffering to the animal and the costs to our client are significantly magnified. Therefore, we aim to treat such conditions early and properly to achieve a quicker, cheaper long-term outcome.
- We believe fully in educating our clients in responsible pet ownership, especially children. Chris, Kim and Vicki are Australian Veterinary Association (A.V.A.) Members and as such, involved in the PetPep programme, whereby they regularly attend schools , speaking to children about pets and their care.