Our mission is to provide, with care and compassion, veterinary services of the highest standard for all animal species through every stage of their life.
We understand fully that animals are a vital ingredient in today’s society. The farmer with his livestock who looks after animals to produce milk, meat, or fibre is just as important to us as the client who is a single person in town with a small pet as their only companion.
We feel that the animal-human bond is crucial to human health and happiness, so we strive to ensure that we look after the welfare of the animal within this bond to the very best of our ability.
Therefore, OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU is to provide you with the highest quality of veterinary services. We have high expectations of ourselves, so we aim to do the very best for you and your animals.
We have a readily accessible, free-flowing building with two consulting rooms, an open work area, hospitalization facilities (with dogs and cats in separate wards), and a fully equipped surgical theatre and hospital facilities. Modern equipment includes a digital X-ray machine, blood testing and other laboratory equipment, dental machine and instruments, an ECG machine, an ultrasound machine, anaesthesia and critical care equipment, a sterile theatre, and a unique surgical laser which is the only one in QLD.
The Philosophies that guide us
We aim to ensure that each animal under our care achieves its maximum life span whilst remaining in the best of health without suffering or experiencing pain throughout that time. We believe that the quality of an animal’s life is the utmost important in ensuring their happiness throughout all stages of life.
We do this by …
- Offering the best of treatment options, and allowing clients to make an informed decision by which we will abide.
- Handling all cases individually, with empathy and understanding.
- Pride in our workmanship … “Doing it once, and doing it right the first time”.
- Being an advocate for prevention of disease and suffering in all animals.
- We believe fully in educating our clients in responsible pet ownership, especially children. Chris, Sian and Bernadette are Australian Veterinary Association (A.V.A.) Members and as such, involved in the PetPep programme, whereby they regularly attend schools, speaking to children about pets and their care.
- All of our staff are required to attend continuing education seminars and workshops to keep their knowledge and skills modern and up to date.